Introducing employees to Heathrow T2 and T5
Cultivating a positive employee experience
The employee experience gets to the heart of “what it feels like to work here”. And, that’s key because the quality of that experience can help create advocates and enthusiasts among your people.
There are three elements to employee experience:
- Employee perceptions – across time and in aggregate.
- Environmental factors – the working environment such as workplace design, employee refreshment/rest areas, the technology available to assist employees and the cultural factors, such as whether the organisation encourages employee involvement, the effectiveness of line managers, and clear career paths.
- The “living brand” – the interplay between employee engagement and the customer experience. The thinking here is that engaged employees means that customers get a great experience.
In our work with organisations, we’re often asked to look at particular parts of the employee experience, for example trust in leaders, or helping to translate the brand into employee behaviours designed to create a better working environment.
We also look at workplace design, taking time to establish what employees need from their space and mirroring the brand in the design.
Often, we will look at the overall experience through the lens of touchpoints across the whole employee lifecycle from onboarding through to career and performance management and the exit process and alumni.
Wherever you’ve identified your employee experience is falling short, we can help target improvements and interventions to improve it.
How we can help
Using our four-step process of discover, define, design and deliver we offer the following:
- Advice and counsel
- Qualitative research – interviews and focus groups
- Activity and workshop design and facilitation
- Communications strategy and development
- Evidence-based practice from organisational science: employee profiling, organisational networks/influencers, change management
Some of our work
Employer brand is about the whole employee experience. An experience that must ensure the right culture emerges – a culture that attracts and retains the right talent. Talent which attracts and retains […]
It’s World Employer Branding Day they said; ‘gis us a blog. So, ever the compliant employee, I sat down and looked through the agenda. I made a few stabs at provocative intros […]
Liz Bryant looks at three components to shape your employee experience to enable and inspire employees to deliver the brand experience to customers. I have a favourite story about first direct, the […]